Some problems with wall paints are also common, some are due to environmental impacts, and some are due to improper construction. Wall cracks, mottled scenery, there is no way to remedy it? The so-called symptomatic remedy, the various diseases of the wall are different, so the treatment is also divided into different situations.
Nippon Paint Dulux
First, what is the cause of the film's morbid state?
The morbidity of the wall paint can be generated before the paint is applied, or it can occur during or after the construction. It is helpful to understand the morbidity factors of the paint and the paint film. It is helpful to take precautionary measures to target, and the main reasons for the morbidity are as follows: aspect:
1. The quality of the wall paint itself: the base material for the wall paint and its properties, the proportion of the base material and the paint, the proportion of the filler, the fineness of the pigment, the selection of the auxiliary agent in the base material, and the appropriate dosage.
2. Basic conditions of the construction: base materials, construction procedures, surface roughness, substrate humidity, acidity, maintenance period, putty quality used for substrate treatment, etc.
3, coating process: the thickness of the coating, construction procedures, whether there is a primer and topcoat, recoating intervals.
4. Construction operation: Before the construction, whether the paint is evenly mixed, whether it is arbitrarily diluted, whether the construction machinery or operation is normal, and whether the construction technology of the personnel is skilled.
5. Construction Environment: The weather conditions during construction, the conditions of the construction site, such as temperature, humidity, whether it is windy and rainy.
Second, why does the wall paint produce sag? How to overcome?
Wall paint sometimes appears sag, runny, and other paint problems during construction. The reasons are as follows:
1, the paint itself is too low viscosity, or watering too little
2, the coating is applied too thick, sag or flow is proportional to the thickness of the coating
3, paint contains more dense colors, fillers
4. The humidity of the construction environment is too high or the temperature is too low
5, Spraying distance is too close or the paint is not stirred evenly before stirring.
In order to avoid sagging and run-off phenomena, the following preventive measures can be taken:
1. Make sure that the coating viscosity is moderate and the viscosity is reached. Generally should be more than 25 seconds (wall paint with airless spray, you can add water or not).
2, control the thickness of the application, the film thickness is generally controlled at 20-25um (dry film)
3. When designing paint formulations, do not use excessively dense pigments and fillers.
4. The temperature of the construction environment should be kept above 50Â°C and the temperature should be less than 85%
5. Stir the paint evenly before application, continuously improve the technical level of construction operators and ensure the quality of application.
Third, why the wall paint sometimes appear discoloration or fading phenomenon? How to prevent?
The paint on the wall paint is often exposed to the natural environment and is subjected to wind, sun and rain. The paint film will discolor and fade after a long time. If the overall surface of the building is uniform, even if the discoloration or discoloration is more serious, it is easier to accept than the partial discoloration.
Discoloration and discoloration of the coating are usually associated with the base material and the pigment. Some organic pigments have poor light resistance and are not resistant to alkali. Under the effects of sunlight, chemicals, and air pollution, pigments will change in quality. The pigmentation of some pigments will also cause the film to fade, such as the anatase titanium dioxide powdering phenomenon is more obvious. The yellowing tendency of the base material and poor weatherability can also cause discoloration and discoloration. When designing the exterior wall paint formula, it is necessary to select base materials and pigments with good weatherability, such as pure acrylic emulsion, styrene-acrylic emulsion and rutile titanium. White, iron oxide, and phthalocyanine pigments. This is very important to avoid or reduce discoloration and discoloration of the coating film. This is also the reason why the base materials and pigments used in interior and exterior wall paints are different.
Fourth, wall paint sometimes appear coating film, uneven color, what is the reason? How to overcome?
There are many reasons for the uneven color development of the paint on the wall paint, including the cause of the paint itself, and the influence of the construction and the surface of the substrate. This is the most common and most distressing problem in the construction paint application. problem.
1, itself has a floating color. The final color of the paint is high-modulated by a variety of pigments. Each pigment particle floats on it. The high-density pigment particles aggregate in the lower part, resulting in color separation. Although fully stirred, the coating still tends to produce a difference in color after drying.
2. The pigments in the paint do not disperse well, or the two or more pigments are mixed unevenly. The poor dispersion of the pigment or the density difference is too large. When the brush or roller coating is applied, a striped color difference occurs in the direction of the brush and the roller, that is, there is floating color. In addition, after the coating film is dried, floating spots are formed due to uneven distribution of the pigment particles due to their floating.
3, uneven brushing during construction. Uneven coating thickness and unskilled construction can also result in shades of color.
4, the base surface roughness is different. If the base material is too alkaline, the absorption of the applied paint will be uneven, and the color will be uneven. Scaffold shielding parts in the re-spray or brush coating, the coating amount and paint tone may be different from the large area, can also cause uneven color.
In order to overcome the phenomenon of wall flower paint coating uneven color tone, the following preventive measures can be taken:
1. Use a suitable pigment dispersant. It is best to use organic and inorganic dispersants for matching so that the pigments are in a stable and stable state.
2, increase the viscosity of the wall paint. If the viscosity is too low, the floating color phenomenon is serious; if the viscosity is high, even if the pigment density is relatively large, it will reduce the delamination tendency.
3. Stir before application to make the coating uniform and there is no floating color or precipitation. Do not dilute with any water when constructing.
4, when the construction of uniform, in strict accordance with the operation of the accumulation, the film should not be too thick, the thicker the coating, the more prone to floating color phenomenon.
5, in order to make the base layer to absorb the paint evenly, it is best to apply a coating sealer.
6. Scaffold shielded parts should be carefully handled when repainting or brushing, and the amount of coating should not be less than the specified amount. Use the same batch as much as possible to ensure that the overall finish is the same color.
5. Why does the wall paint film crack sometimes?
The base material of the wall paint uses different types of emulsions, and each type of wall paint has a corresponding minimum film forming temperature. If the construction is conducted at a relatively low temperature in order to grab the period of time and the film forming temperature of the emulsion is not reached, the emulsion cannot form a continuous coating film, resulting in cracks in the exterior wall coating.
Improper ground treatment, such as the cracking of the cement wall, can also cause cracking of the coating. Since the drying speed of the wall paint is different, when the primer or the first pass of the coating is too thick and not completely dry, that is, the surface layer or the second pass of the coating is applied, which may cause cracking of the coating film. To prevent this from happening, first of all avoid construction under conditions below 50C. If the construction temperature is low, the amount of emulsion coalescent should be increased, and general additive additives cannot be used.
In addition, it is better not to use cement putty to treat the grass roots.
The thickness of the coating shall comply with the process operation requirements. The primer layer or paint must be completely dry before applying the topcoat.
6. What is the cause of the peeling and peeling of the paint on the wall paint? How to prevent?
1, the wall paint coating itself is not good film formation, that is, the emulsion does not become a continuous transparent film and cause cracking, in case of cold water that will fall off.
2. The content of pigments and fillers is too high and the content of the resin is too low in the coated components, resulting in poor adhesion of the coating film.
3, loose grass roots, there are dust, oil and other unclean things, poor adhesion of the coating and the grass roots.
4. The putty used in the grass-roots leveling has low bonding strength, and the putty layer is not dried, that is, the coating is applied.
5, the substrate is too smooth, easy to cause poor film adhesion.
In order to prevent the peeling and peeling of the wall paint film, the following preventive measures can be taken:
1, the construction temperature should be above 50C, the filming additives should be selected properly, and the amount is appropriate to ensure the formation of the wall paint
2, according to different use occasions and requirements, select the appropriate Yan-based ratio, can not be too much to reduce the cost of the Yan, filler dosage.
3, the grassroots processing is good, the loose layer will be shoveled off, milk dust, oil clean up.
4, according to the different requirements of the inner and outer walls, choose a good adhesive strength of putty, putty layer can not be too thick (to level the wall prevail), must wait for putty after coating.
5, the substrate is too smooth to apply interface agent treatment to enhance the adhesion of the coating and reduce shedding.
7. Why does the kitchen and bathroom walls and ceilings prone to coating cracking and peeling off?
The cracking, rolling, and shedding of common household kitchens and bathrooms, especially bathroom wall and ceiling coatings, are very common. In addition to the properties of the coating itself, it also has a close relationship with the water resistance of the putty used.
In China, most of the interior walls are treated with cellulose white putty or gypsum putty. The role of putty is mainly to level the wall, there is no specific technical requirements. However, these putties have poor water resistance, especially cellulose white putty. When cellulose expands in water, it gradually dissolves in water. As the volume increases and the bond strength decreases, it causes blistering, cracking and falling off of the coating. To solve the above problems, you must use water-resistant putty, together with kitchen, bathroom paint or latex paint with good performance. It is recommended to use matching putty.
8. What kinds of common putty are used for wall paint?
According to the regulations for the construction and acceptance of building decoration engineering, interior wall decoration should use putty to smooth out the wall before applying paint. Putty matching the wall paint has cellulose white putty and gypsum putty. In order to increase the strength of the putty, a part of the emulsion is added to the putty. The putty used in the kitchen, bathroom and bathroom is water-resistant putty, and can further demonstrate the characteristics of the matching paint. Putty matching is recommended.
New Year's New Surprise
Links: kitchen decoration practical manual cabinet
Paint Projects Three Trees Lacquer Facades Decoration Paints Decoration Designs Cement Home Improvements Home Cabinets Kitchen Cabinets Doors Bathroom Designs Overall Bathrooms
Weifang Joy Sea Trade Co., Ltd. , http://www.wfplywood.com